You are watching: No fair you changed the outcome by measuring it
1. Quantum HorseracingAppearance: "The Luck of the Fryrish"The Joke: At a racetrack, they usage a "quantum finish" to declare the winner. Professor Farnsworth complains, "No fair! You readjusted the outcome by measuring it!"The Meaning: The "quantum finish" is about the observer result. The observer result means simply watching something deserve to change what's being watched. For example, in experiments, pwrite-ups will literally readjust how they behave actually, relying on whether they're being watched. Farnsworth is proexperimentation that watching the steed race changed the winner.
2. Schrödinger's CatAppearance: "Law and Oracle"The Joke: Fry and also the robot cop URL track dvery own a traffic violator who transforms out to be Erwin Schrödinger, the 20th century quantum physicist. On the front seat of the vehicle is a box, and also once doubted about the contents, Schrödinger replies, "A cat, some poikid, and a Caesium atom." When Fry asks if the cat is alive or dead, Schrodinger answers, "It's a superposition of both states till you open the box and also collapse the wave attribute."The Meaning: Schrödinger is many well known for a believed experiment: a cat is inserted in a sealed, soundproof box via some poichild and also radioactive material. If the material decays, it triggers the poikid, which kills the cat. If it doesn't, the cat stays alive. Because we can't know which taken place without opening the box, the cat is both alive and also dead until we open package. Immortality through uncertainty.
3. Error MessageAppearance: "Mars University"The Joke: When Bender goes to Mars University, he runs right into his old fraternity, Epsilon Rho Rho.The Meaning: Epsilon Rho Rho is abbreviated as ERR, which is an abbreviation of "error," a reference to errors in programming. And the nerds at ERR certainly had actually their share of errors.
4. The P/NP Problem Appearance: "Put Your Head on My Shoulders"The Joke: In the closet wbelow Amy and Fry are hiding, we deserve to view tbelow are two publications in the closet; one labeled P and the various other NP.The Meaning: P and also NP describe a mathematical difficulty explained by Wikipedia as asking "whether eexceptionally difficulty whose solution can be conveniently showed by a computer system have the right to additionally be conveniently solved by a computer system." A deeper explanation of that is beyond my pay grade, yet basically all you must understand is that the difficulty is complex, and currently unaddressed. There's a million dollar prize out tright here for anyone who deserve to discover the solution. The idea that it could be found in a couple of books, tucked away into a clocollection is kind of favor the Mona Lisa in a broom clocollection. Then aacquire, it is the future.
The Joke: The crew of Futurama goes to their neighborhood theater, which is named "Loew's ℵ0-Plex"The Meaning: The ℵ0 (pronounced "aleph-null") is a mathematical depiction of the smallest boundless cardinal number. In other words, the theater has actually an infinite variety of displays. Now that's convenience.
Appearance: "Placed your Head On My Shoulder"The Joke: When Fry and also Amy are in a exact same clocollection, we additionally watch in the background a bottle of "condensed milt."The Meaning: Condensed milk is a prevalent household great, just milk in a thicker form. Milt is the seminal liquid of aquatic pets (choose mollusks) that recreate by spraying it onto eggs. Tbelow are some countries that eat milt, however I don't understand of any condensed cans of it.
Appearance: "I, Roommate" The Joke: Fry and Bender are relocating right into a brand-new apartment, and hang a authorize that reads, "10 Home," "20 Sweet," "30 GOTO 10."The Meaning: The authorize is written in a very early computer language called BASIC. Each line in BASIC is numbered, and also the term "GOTO" tells the regime to go back to the line number that comes after it. In various other words, if this were a BASIC routine, it would certainly check out "Home Sweet Home" in an endmuch less loop.
8. Binary EvilAppearance: "The Honking"The Joke: In a haunted house, blood forms "0101100101" on the wall. Bender pronounces it gibberish until he looks in the mirror and sees "1010011010." He runs off screaming.The Meaning: In binary, "0101100101" converts to 357. However before "1010011010" equates to 666, which is frequently described as the Number of the Beastern and connected via Satan. That would spook me out, too.
9. Exclusionary BeerAppearance: "The Route of All Evil"The Joke: At one point, we view a beer labeled "St. Pauli Exclusion Principle Girl."The Meaning: The name "St. Pauli Exclusion Principle Girl" is a combination of the famous beer St. Pauli Girl, and the Pauli Exclusion Principle. In situation you were wondering, the Pauli Exclusion Principle says 2 electrons can't have the same 4 quantum numbers.
10. Groin ExerciseAppearance: "Why Must I Be a Crustacean in Love"The Joke: At one suggest, the Futurama crew walks with a gym, passing assorted civilization on miscellaneous exercise equipment. One womale is grimacing as a weight goes up and also down on an equipment labeled the "Kegelcizer."The Meaning: David X Cohen called this "among the dirtiest but subtlest jokes on Futurama ever before." The muscles that form part of the pelvic floor are colloquially described as the "Kegel muscles." A Kegel exercise is composed of consistently squeezing these muscles to treat sex-related dysfeature. The implication is that the woman is working this muscle, and also has the machine inserted in herself. And that's the majority of weight she's lifting with it.
11. Strong GlueAppearance: "The 30% Iron Chef"The Joke: When Zoidberg breaks Farnsworth's model ship, he tries to settle it via a bottle of Strong Force Krazy Glue.The Meaning: The strong force (additionally known as the strong nuclear force, nuclear solid pressure or color force) is one of four basic forces of nature. The various other 3 are electromagnetism, the weak nuclear pressure, and gravity. As the name suggests, strong force is the strongest of the four, responsible for holding together subatomic pposts at the nuclei. So some glue using solid force would be pretty solid. But reportedly, not that strong, considering that Zoidberg gets it everywhere himself, and also manperiods to get it off. I'd demand a remoney.
See more: The Age Of The Crisis Of Man, : Thought And Fiction In America
UPDATE: Fixed numbering, solved P/NP descriptionDid you recognize all these nerdy jokes? What various other nerdy jokes can you list from the show? Let us understand in the comments. Related Posts